Slash Your Food Bill with Cheap Recipes & Budget Cooking
Do you need to slash your food bill? I've been there, more than once. I've had to track every penny and experiment with cheap cuts of meat I didn't know how to cook and new vegetables I hadn't eaten before. I started keeping notes on our favorites recipes and writing articles on budget cooking and shopping tips and techniques.
- Read my quick start article.
- Explore the site for some new cheap recipes to try.
- Check out my budget cooking articles.
- Save money by packing lunches for school and work.
- Get some inspiration for cheap meals with these cheap menu planning ideas.
- Calculate the cost per serving of meat and fish.
Featured Cheap Recipes
- Salisbury Steaks (Hamburger Steaks with Onion Gravy)
- Rhubarb Cobbler
- Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese
- Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup
- Goulash or Slumgullion
- Shrimp and Sausage Soup
- Tahini Sauce for Falafels
- Bacon and Spinach Quiche
- Easy Pie Crust
- Reuben Sandwich
- Corned Beef (Crockpot)
- Veal Stew with Paprika
- Grandma Alice's Baked Chicken
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Bourbon Marinade
- Tilapia Fish Chowder
- Carrot and Cilantro Salad with Oranges
- Lemon Pepper Chicken with Artichokes
Just Learning to Cook? Start Here.
Here's a list of easy recipes for you. You can also:
- Use this simple menu planner to plan budget meals.
- Sit down with your grocery flyers and use this cost per serving calculator to figure out the lowest cost meat.
- Make cheap cuts of meat taste great with a Crockpot Slow Cooker.