Tonight I wanted a quick dinner that used up some leftovers. I had some leftover flank steak teriyaki from the other night and thought I’d do a quick stir-fry, made easier with this refrigerator stir-fry sauce I had mixed up earlier! (See my earlier post on a stir-fry with shrimp.)
- 1-2 Tbs oil (I used peanut)
- 1/2 an onion, cut into wedges
- 3 green onions, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 small can bamboo shoots, drained
- 1/2 a cooked flank steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup frozen broccoli
- Mason jar stir-fry sauce to taste
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan and then add your vegetables in order of what takes longest to cook. Add one item at a time, stirring a minute or so before adding the next. The list above is what I used tonight but at different times I would use whatever vegetables I had fresh or frozen that needed to be used.
- About a minute or two before everything is "done", add a good healthy splash of the stir-fry sauce. I think I used about 1/3 cup for this.
- Serve over steamed rice.
I forgot to take a picture. But trust me. The sauce makes it all good!